Mango Salsa in Hindi is called chutney which is mainly prepared from ripe mangoes. It is a flavourful, refreshing and colourful chutney with the sweet taste of mango and a mixture of lemon juice, chillies, onions, coriander and other ingredients. Mango salsa is a commonly served dish in Mexican and Latin American cuisine and is tangy, sweet and slightly salty. This sauce can be served as an accompaniment to main dishes or even as a side dish with nachos and tortilla chips.
I am sharing an easy, gluten-free, vegan mango salsa recipe with the perfect balance of sweet and spicy flavours.
Mango Salsa Ingredients
# 1 large mango, sliced
# 1 small onion, finely chopped
# 1 green Chilli, finely chopped
# Coriander leaves, finely chopped – 2 tbsp
# Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
# Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
# salt – as per taste
How To Make Mango Salsa
Step 1 : Take chopped mango, onion, green Chilli and coriander leaves in a large bowl.
Step 2 :- Add lemon juice, black pepper powder and salt to it.
Step 3:- Mix everything well so that all the spices and spiciness get mixed well.
Step 4:- Place the salsa in the refrigerator to chill for at least 15 minutes.
Step 5:- Once cooled, taste the existing spices and add salt or lemon juice as required.
Mango Salsa is ready! Pick it up, serve it with chips and enjoy.
Storage suggestions for mango salsa:
If you have any leftover mango salsa, you can store it in the refrigerator. Just place it in a covered container or sealable bag. Mango salsa can stay fresh for several days when refrigerated. However, it’s best to consume it within a few days to enjoy its optimal flavor and freshness.
Mango salsa recipe is subjective and can vary depending on personal taste preferences. However, many people consider mango salsa to be a delicious and refreshing condiment that adds a vibrant and tropical twist to various dishes. The combination of sweet and tangy flavors from the ripe mangoes, along with the fresh herbs, onions, and lime juice, can create a flavorful and enjoyable salsa. Therefore, for the majority of individuals who enjoy the flavors of mango and enjoy experimenting with different salsa recipes, the sentiment towards a mango salsa recipe would likely be positive.
Feel free to customize this recipe to suit your preferences. You can add additional ingredients like diced bell peppers, diced cucumber, or a squeeze of orange juice for added flavor. Adjust the spiciness by adding more or less jalapeño pepper. The salsa can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours, but it’s best enjoyed fresh. Enjoy!
Uses Of Mango Salsa
Mango salsa is a versatile condiment that can be used in various ways. Here are some popular uses for mango salsa:
- Topping for Grilled Meats: Mango salsa pairs well with grilled chicken, pork, or fish. It adds a fresh and tropical flavor to the meats, enhancing their taste. Simply spoon the mango salsa over the grilled meats before serving.
- Topping for Tacos: Mango salsa makes a delicious topping for tacos, whether it’s fish tacos, shrimp tacos, or even vegetarian options. The sweet and tangy flavors of the salsa complement the savory fillings, adding a burst of freshness.
- Dip with Tortilla Chips: Mango salsa can be enjoyed as a dip with tortilla chips. The combination of the crunchy chips and the fruity salsa creates a delightful contrast in textures and flavors.
- Side Salad: Use mango salsa as a side salad by serving it alongside your main course. It works well with grilled or roasted meats and adds a vibrant touch to your plate.
- Sandwich or Wrap Ingredient: Add a spoonful of mango salsa to your sandwiches or wraps for a burst of flavor. It goes particularly well with grilled chicken, turkey, or even vegetarian options like black bean burgers.
- Sushi Roll Filling: For a unique twist on sushi rolls, use mango salsa as one of the fillings. It adds a refreshing element and pairs well with seafood options like shrimp or crab.
- Summer Salad: Incorporate mango salsa into a refreshing summer salad. Combine it with mixed greens, avocado, cucumber, and a light vinaigrette for a vibrant and flavorful salad.
- Topping for Bruschetta or Crostini: Spread mango salsa over toasted bread slices (bruschetta or crostini) for a tasty appetizer or snack. The combination of the sweet and tangy salsa with the crunchy bread is delightful.
- Remember, the uses for mango salsa are not limited to the suggestions above. Feel free to get creative and use it in other ways that appeal to your taste preferences and culinary experiments!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture with Hastag #Foodiescrush #food&recipe .